These are the musings of a retired male. Some may be interesting, some may be boring, but all will be true. It will contain info om PEI and some links I find interesting. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Short post

     Tonight I will have a short post as I am a bit weary and the weather has cooled off and I will sleep good tonight.  I didn't get to sleep till after 2:00am last night and had to get up at 6:30AM.
     Why I got up early is that we at PEI Special Olympics had another car wash in Ch'town and Gordie and Steve, both gold metal winning athletes at the Cdn SO Winter olympics wanted to go so I took them down.  We did a double shift from 9:30AM to 12:30PM.  You would be surprised the amount of cars we wash.  In the 2 days we washed cars we made over $1300.  It is great, we need the money, and it is for a great cause.
     I am continue amazed at the big heart and caring attitude of people, and not just us Islanders.  Today we washed cars from at least 7 provinces and 4 states.  Very nice to know that in the day and age of the "Me" generation that so many people who still care. 
     On the way home I ask the boys where they wanted to go for a burger and Gordie decided on Burger King, it was good we each had a double bacon cheese burger all upsized and it was less than $21.00.  I sprung for the meal cause they were good enough to help with the car wash,  they said on the way home they had fun and would go again if we have any more or something else to do, they are really a great bunch.  No different from you and I as we all have problems just theirs show and ours are hidden. 
     I guess the best laugh I had today and also something that happened that proves to me that they are no different from us.  Two weeks ago when we went to the first car wash and our 1 1/2 hour shift was up I was going to ask Gordie if he wanted to stay longer than I remembered that I forgot to take my pills (10 pills each morning).  I said I would like to stay but since I forgot to take my pills I had to go home and take them.  This morning when I rolled up to Gordies house and he came out and got in the van he looked me in the eye and asked, "did you take your pills this morning?"   Nice to know that he is thinking of me and also has a much better memory.
     Now for story time:
Your high school reunion.  You get that letter and feel like you only have 6 months to make something out of your life.
     Till next time, take care.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lew, it's chem. =) I came across your page in a list of PEI blogs. Totally agree with the reunion thing - I'm always thinking, "Man, I'll be having my high school reunion in x years. I gotta do something so I don't look like I've wasted my life." lol

July 24, 2004 at 9:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home