These are the musings of a retired male. Some may be interesting, some may be boring, but all will be true. It will contain info om PEI and some links I find interesting. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

New Direction!

Well folks what I am thinking of doing is every now and again including a recipe from my Grandmother long list of cooking I was brought up on. She made a clam chowder to die for and her sugar cookies were famous. A few words about my Grandmother, she run a restaurant during the 20's & 30's and she was well known for her cooking & baking. Funny thing though is she could not make a real good lemon pie and it always annoyed her. I have a lot of her recipes and thought it would be a nice way to remember her as she raised me after my mother died. I have made her clam chowder for friends and they all agree it is a real good one.
Let me know what you think in the comment column but as it is my blog I can do whatever I want so I guess if you are interested you will just have to wait and see what I decide.
I have also thought about having a quiz on Prince Edward Island, having people E-MAIL me their answers and giving prizes to the best answers. Again I would like to have your comments on this idea, just something to have a little fun with. Sample Question would be like:
What was 2 earlier names for Kensington, P.E.I.?
I will have the correct answer in a blog to be appearing in a computer near you in the near future.
Well that is all for now, time for me to walk over to McDonald's to join a bunch of old foggies and try to solve the problems of the world.
Story time:
Eat fish
Live longer.
Eat oysters
Love longer.

1 Comments:

Blogger CaliGirl said...

first off...great idea on putting recipes from your grandmother on here. i love old simple recipes. might even try it if its easy enough.

trivia: not being from the island originally i had to do some reading up on your question. but i learned something new today about Kensington.

i think the answer to your question is: Five Lands End and Barretts Cross. again....not sure about this but i hope im right :)

cali girl in pei

September 15, 2004 at 1:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home