These are the musings of a retired male. Some may be interesting, some may be boring, but all will be true. It will contain info om PEI and some links I find interesting. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

WORLD JUNIOR fastball.

We had our first meeting with the President of Softball Canada last night to prepare for the world junior faetball championship to be held in S'side from June 22 to July 1, 2005. The meeting went well but it just reinforced how much work we have ahead of us. I really think I have the easiest committee in transportation now that we will be renting 60 passenger busses with drivers from a local company. We will also need about 6 vans both 8 and 15 passenger where we will be using volunteer drivers. I am of 2 minds in how we will be handling transport to the fields for the teams as we will be running a regular schedule from motels to fields. If we will be using big busses or vans I haven't decided yet, the easiest would be to run big busses but the cost is another factor we have to figure out. If anyone has any ideas leave me your E-MAIL address in the comments column and I will contact you. Also if you would like to help when the tournament is on also contact me at: champ@pei.sympatico.ca. We will need lots of help and we may have a job you would enjoy doing.
Exciting times ahead folks and I am looking forward to it.
now for today's story:

A guy walked into the Dr. Office with two burnt ears.

"Doc I was really dumb. I was at the ironing board and the phone rang. Without thinking I tried to answer the iron instead of the phone."

"Ouch! That's gotta hurt," said the Dr. "but what happened the other ear?"

"Oh,that. They called back."

Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home