These are the musings of a retired male. Some may be interesting, some may be boring, but all will be true. It will contain info om PEI and some links I find interesting. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Moncton outdoor craft fair.

Yesterday was Sat so me, the misses, her sister, & her hubby all went to Moncton on a shopping trip, and a visit to the annual outdoor craft show that takes place in Victoria Park. There was a lot of nice crafts there and over 200 exhibitors and more different types of crafts than I ever knew existed. This is the 24'th one and my first visit, it is always held the first weekend in August for anyone who would like to go next year, if crafts are your thing I woukd suggest that you would like it there. The artisans are from all areas of the maritimes and do not only represent Moncton or N.B. The in-laws have attended the last 10 and the only one it has not rained on was the first one they attended so I would also suggest a raid coat or umbrella. If crafts are your thingie the annual Moncton Christmas Craft show will be held at the Moncton coliseum on November 26, 27, & 28'th.
We also visited Cosco, now their is a place that usually ends up with more of my money than I care to part with but I really enjoy shopping there. Did good their yesterday as we spent less than $50.00, a new low record. I guess that we hope to go to Bangor in October has us trying to cut back a little so we will have more to blow when we get their. I opened an American account at the bank a few months ago and when I make a deposit in it every month in Cdn $ they convert it and when I withdraw it I get in in $ USA. I put in some everymonth and can't wait to spend it, I really like going to Bangor.
After our visits to all the stores in Moncton we decided to go to the boomerang restaurant for supper and a very wise choice I might add. The food was super, the service was average, and the prices for what we got were more than fair. We started with a Blooming Onion, while it was good they sprinkled cayenne pepper on it so I didn't like it as much as Pat & Willies in Ch'town, the only thing we had that wasn't over the top. Dave & I had the 16 oz Rib Eye, Mine was cooked just the way I like it, a nice pink in the middle and very tender & juicy, the hand cut french fries with the peel still left on were good. The large Battered Onion Rings were as good as I have eaten. The price for this was $19.99 with what I got and the way it was prepared seemed more than fair to me. I will not make a comment on what the girls had just say they were more than pleased and before we left had already decided that our next trip to Moncton will include another visit to boomerangs. The only negative thing I can say about the place is it doesn't open until 4:00PM.
Now for today's story:
If a man talks in the woods and no woman are present to hear is he still wrong?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Victoria Park? ... thought it was at Centennial Park

August 9, 2004 at 11:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No I checked my handout and it is Victoria park located between Cameron & Waldon st. off John Street.
Lewsnews

August 9, 2004 at 2:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home