These are the musings of a retired male. Some may be interesting, some may be boring, but all will be true. It will contain info om PEI and some links I find interesting. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Canadian Midget Softball Championships

The C'dn midget softball Championships are being held in S'side this week and I spent the best part of Tue. & Thu. watching some of the best players from across Canada. It is still going on and is not over till Sun afternoon when the championship game is played. PEI as host had 2 teams and should have only had one as being a small province our talent pool is very shallow. The twins are a very good team are in the final 8 for the play-offs. The other team to tell it like it is stink and a disgrace to our fair province. Now don't get me wrong as winning is not the only thing when it comes to something like this but they did not even know the fundamentals and what to do under different circumstances. To not be the best is no sin but to not know what to do is inexcusable. They tell me that this is our Canada Games Team for next years Canada Games, if that is so well the coaches better get off their butts and start to teach these kids how to play the game, if not I don't think they should go.
The weather has been really hot here the last week and while attending the ball games this week I got burnt all to hell. When I am through with this post I am going to walk to the Wallmart to get something to put on it. Didn't get much sleep last night as I suffered a little bit with it.
Time for story time:
Our house caught fire the other day, This was the first time my wife and I went out together in more than 3 years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home