These are the musings of a retired male. Some may be interesting, some may be boring, but all will be true. It will contain info om PEI and some links I find interesting. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Another lazy Sunday.

     Here it is another lazy Sunday and I missed church again.  I have a buddy who claims to be a believer who goes to church each week and who is also a shriner.  I know what shriners do for children with their hospitals is priceless and in a lot of cases very special but a bigger bigot you have never met.  His God is the only God and he would be willing to kill to prove it.  He also does not like visible minorities, homosexuals, and anyone else who doesn't think or look like him.  We have had more than one argument over the years because of what I consider his strange believes, he thinks because I never go to church I am an atheist and you can't convince him that my God is different than his in a few very important ways.  My God loves all living things either human or animal and does not ask his followers to kill in his name.  My God teaches that all living things are equal and are to be loved by one and other.  I believe in a God and have no quarrel with anyone's God, mostly it is their fan club that worry me.
      I have a problem with what people say and what they do, for example is Geo Duwba the president of our friends to the south.  He does not believe in abortions because they take a life, but he has (1) no problem bombing the crap out of innocent people in Iraq or other countries. (2) He sends Americas fines young people to fight an unjust war and to die in a foreign country. (3) He says it is wrong to murder someone as you took a life, but he has no problem taking the life of the murderer.
     Story time.
The second day of a diet is always easier than the first.  By the second day you are off it.
     Take care and will catch you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home