These are the musings of a retired male. Some may be interesting, some may be boring, but all will be true. It will contain info om PEI and some links I find interesting. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

A BUSY WEEK.

I had a meeting this afternoon in Ch'town and it was the 3'rd meeting I have had this week, starting to get too busy for this retired "OL' FART". The one thing about it though is I am doing what I want to do so it is not a job but it is something I like to do.

For example Prince Edward Island Special Olympics had their award presentation last night here in S'side at the Harbourside Jubilee Theater. I went and got to meet a lot of the athelets again and had a super evening. If you have never been around them you are not most likely aware the struggle these people go through on a daily basis. We sometimes don't relise just how lucky we are and I am not sure if I could ever accomplish what these athelets do if I was in their position. You can have your Tom Bradys & Roger Clements for me the Special Olympians are my heros.

I am a little tired tonight so I am going to cut this short for now but before I go I have a request from anyone who happens to be reading this post. Like most charitable orgs PEISO is always looking for ways to make money to support our athelets and right now it is a tough sell to collect all the money we would like to have. What we are looking for is very unique ways we can make some money for us so if anyone out there has ant ideas we could use would you please let me know. Can't promise you a million dollars for your ideas if we use them just my eternal gratitude and the thanks from the most appreciative athelets you will ever meet. Please send me your ideas to: lewsnews@yahoo.ca.
Till next time, Take Care.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post Champ. You're right, so often we tend to take the simpliest things for granted, things that others may never be able to do.

February 13, 2005 at 9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home