These are the musings of a retired male. Some may be interesting, some may be boring, but all will be true. It will contain info om PEI and some links I find interesting. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Today is the big day.

Today is the big day so let the banners fly and the crowd to cheer as I am going tp display my first recipe. I will start with a appetizer, next one I do will be a main course (possible Salt Cod Cakes) and I will than do a dessert (my famous apple pie). All the recipes I use will either be my Grandmothers or some other Island cook which I have tried and I like. This is not to say that cooks in other places can't cook but being an Islander I will be printing Island recipes only.
Here goes my first recipe:
Broccoli Salad.
2 heads of broccoli cut in bite sized pieces.
1/2 cup chopped onions.
1 1/2 cups shredded orange Cheddar cheese.
10 - 12 slices fried bacon, crumbled.
Place ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
Sauce.
3/4 cup mayonnaise or miracle whip, my choice.
1/2 cup white sugar.
4 tablespoons vinegar.
Mix ingredients well and pour over salad.
Mix all together well and chill in fridge before serving.
Other ingredients like carrots, cauliflower, and raisins can be added as to your taste.
If you like this kind of thing I think you will find this is excellent and can be changed according to your taste.
Their will be no story today since this recipe thing has made me hungry.
If anyone tries this recipe please let me know what you think of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home