These are the musings of a retired male. Some may be interesting, some may be boring, but all will be true. It will contain info om PEI and some links I find interesting. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Friday, November 19, 2004

CHOICES?

Well I have about 14 items I would like to write about today but I will keep it down to only one as that will be long enough for someone to read. My topic today will be CHEESEBERGER PIE. I promised a while ago that I would post this receipe so here goes. This dish really tastes like pizza and kids love it so don't be afraid to make it for them. Do not use regular hamberg as the fat content is high, use either lean or extra lean whichever is on sale.

CHEESEBERGER PIE:
1 pie crust.
1 lb hamberg.
1 tsp salt.
1/2 tsp oregano.
1/2 tsp dry bread crumbs.
1/4 tsp pepper.
1 8oz can tomato sauce.
1/4 cup chopped onions.
1/4 cup chopped green peppers.

Preheat oven to 425 Degrees

Prepare pie crust.

In skillet cook hamberg till brown, drain off fat.
stir in all other ingredients and mix.
put ingredents into the pie shell.
spread cheese topping over the top. (receipe below).

CHEESE TOPPING.
1 Egg.
1/2tsp salt.
1/2 tsp dry mustard.
1/4 cup milk.
2 cups gratted cheddar cheese.
Beat all together before poring over pie.

Bake for 30 minutes.

It also freezes well and heats up really good in the microwave oven so if you make 2 and freeze one you will have the making of a quick and easy meal sometime down the road.

Well there it is in all its glory, the next receipe I will post is for the best damn apple pie you will ever eat. At least that's what people tell me who have ate it. I make it for special ocasions but being a diabetic I have never tried it.
Thats about it for today.

Todays UFI is:

(1) Seven per cent of Americans still believe that Elvis Presley is alive.

(2) Buckingham Palace has over 600 rooms.

(3) Male monkeys lose the hair on their heads in the same manner men do.

Till next time, take care.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ya Champ! Your cheeseburger pie sounds delicious, I bet you my kids would love it. I'll have to put that down as a 'must try'. Enjoy your weekend!

November 20, 2004 at 8:13 AM

 
Blogger CaliGirl said...

thanks lew....im always looking for easy and quick recipes. plus hamburger in our house is a staple. going to try this one.

November 20, 2004 at 10:07 AM

 
Blogger Riki said...

That sounds pretty good, Champ... I might try that one some day... I'm not really allowed the cheese... but I can splurge a bit.. *G*

November 22, 2004 at 11:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home