These are the musings of a retired male. Some may be interesting, some may be boring, but all will be true. It will contain info om PEI and some links I find interesting. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Monday, December 06, 2004

QUIZ TIME AGAIN FOLKS.

Well as promised I will be asking 4 questions about english words, no prize just a chance to test your knowledge again other people. On the 12'th of this month I will be holding my first annual Christmas quiz so keep this date in mind if interested.

First I must say it looks like a lovely day out but it is cold and -11c with a wind chill of over -20c so I am not going to go to far today, I think I have a meeting tonight but I will check later. Still no snow on the ground and since so many people now travel to be home for Christmas that I really don't mind a green Christmas or just enough snow to cover the ground but more on Christmas at a later date.

Now on with the questions and again I would ask you to send your answers to: lewpei@yahoo.ca. I will post the correct answers on the 11th of December and if you decide will post the names of who got the right answer. Please tell me in your E-MAIL if you think I should post names of the people with the correct answers, if you so chose I will just post nick-names. Thanks for the help.

Really amazing I would be doing a quiz with english as if there is anything in this life I am any worse in than english it is speling. On to the questions:

(1) WHAT IS THE LONGEST ONE-SYLLABLE WORD IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE?

(2) lIST ALL THE WORDS THAT RHYME WITH "MONTH," "ORANGE," "SILVER," & "PURPLE"?

(3) WHAT IS THE LONGEST ENGLISH WORD THAT IS TYPED WITH ONLY USING THE LEFT HAND?

(4) WHAT IS THE ONLY WORD IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE THAT ENDS WITH THE LETTERS "MT"?

Well thats all for today folks, hope you enjoy the quiz and after everyone getting the last one all right thought I should make this one a little harder. I hope you all try it so I know it is worth my while.

Till next time, take care.



1 Comments:

Blogger Riki said...

Whoa... what questions.... think I'll sit this one out... unless.... hmmm.... let me think about this one... hehehehe

December 9, 2004 at 10:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home